A FIVE STAR MEDICAL PRACTICE !!
A Five Star rating is the highest rating that can be given to a medical practice. This
means that the practice delivers superior medical care compared to other medical
1. First, and most importantly are how the patients feel about a practice. The patients have to feel that
they are receiving top notch medical care from a 5 Star Practice. The patients complete evaluation
forms from the health plans and also submit evaluations to various web based evaluation sites. Our
patients have given us a 5 star rating and that explains why patients rarely transfer from our practice.
Our practice is committed to placing the patient, and their needs, first.
2. The doctors have to be highly knowledgeable with excellent communication skills. We truly care
about our patients. We take the time to listen to our parents (or patients) and their concerns. We pride
ourselves in knowing our patients. This is an advantage we have over large, impersonal, medical
practices and clinics.
3. Besides the patient evaluations, other sources must verify the practice's excellence. Did you
know that health plans conduct their own evaluations of participating providers? For example,
Carefirst ranks us 5 out of 5 stars. Aetna, which uses a 4 star system, ranks us 4 out of 4. The state
has two health agencies inspecting and evaluating medical practices, and we have consistently
received very high scores.
4. The staff must also be committed to placing the patient first. In our practice, all patients are treated
with the utmost of respect, patience, and understanding by our staff.
5. A smooth-running practice is required in a 5 star practice. Our patients are reminded of their
appointments 1 or 2 days in advance. Referrals to specialists are issued quickly. We return telephone
calls promptly. We do all of the little things that make a practice a "smooth operation".
6. A practice that uses the latest technology is part of a 5 star practice. We are usually the first
practice to incorporate the latest technology. Our forehead thermometers, heart murmur detecting
stethoscopes, the "shot- blocker", e-prescribing PDAs, and rapid vision screener are examples of
our state-of-the-art technology. (What's a shot-blocker? Ask us.)
7. A 5 Star Practice recognizes that today's patients require more convenient office hours. That is
why we have office hours 2 evenings a week, early hours starting at 7 AM, and Saturday hours 2
times a month.
8. A 5 Star Practice sees patients on time. Patients are routinely seen on time in this office.
9. Sick patients are seen on the same day in a 5 Star Practice. We deliberately keep open spaces in
our schedule to accommodate the sick patients who call that day and need to be seen.
10. We are constantly searching for ways to improve the practice. We feel there is always room for
What makes us a 5 Star Practice?
|SAMUEL R. WILLIAMS, M.D.
LISA WILLIAMS PETIT, M.D.
PEDIATRICS AND YOUNG ADULTS
WHAT IS PATIENTS' CHOICE?
Since, it's inception in 2010, this practice has received the Patient's
Choice award each year!!
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of their
patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by patients.
Every month, more than 100,000 patients across the U.S. provide online feedback about their experiences
with their doctors. They rate various components such as bedside manner, doctor-patient face time, degree
of follow-up, courtesy of office staff, and overall opinions.
While physicians generally receive positive reviews from their patients, only a select few receive uniformly
rave reviews across the board. Only those physicians who have received rave reviews with near perfect
scores, by their patients, are awarded this honor.
In fact, of the nation's 720,000 active physicians, less than 6% receive this honor each year.
Patients' Choice website is at www.PatientsChoice.org